WESTPORT GOLF CLUB LOCAL RULES
1. Out of Bounds (Rule 18), on, in and/or beyond all boundary walls, fences or course boundaries
defined by white stakes, right of the water on the 18th in area known as “Gibleen”, clubhouse
enclosure, machinery shed, car parks.
2. Abnormal Course Conditions (Rule 16), All Internal Paths, Roads and Bridges, All Distance Poles/
Markers, Staked Trees & their Stakes & Stay Wires, Tee Markers, Water System Points, Sprinkler Heads,
Shelters, Ball Washers, Drainage Grates, Gravel Drains, All Course Furniture, Signage, Steps, Trolley &
Shoe Cleaner, Flag Poles, Telephone Pole on 4th, all Wooden Edges/Kerbing to pathways.
3. Movable Obstructions (Rule 15), Rakes in bunkers, Penalty Area Stakes.
4. Integral Parts of the course, Internal Walls, Tee Boxes, Tree Stumps, Embedded Stones/Rocks in the
General Area (excluding areas mown to fairway height).
5. Penalty Area Red Stakes (Rule 17), if a ball enters the Penalty Area (right of 7th green, right of the
8th green, left of 10th green, right of the 18th green) having last entered the Penalty Area between
the blue & white marker posts, the player if taking relief MUST if proceeding under Rule 17 use the
drop zones provided.
6. Additional Local Rules, please check notice boards in the clubhouse prior to commencing your
Penalty for breach of local rules, Match Play loss of hole, Stroke Play Two-stroke penalty.
DISTANCE MARKERS ARE IN YARDS TO THE CENTRE OF THE GREEN.